Online Master Class (live broadcasting vía Zoom)
December 18th, 19th & 20th, 2020 (9 AM - 6 PM). Price: 850 euros.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Chef Luis Amado:
• Culinary Management Professor and Department Chair (2016 - Present)
Lake Michigan College / Wine and Culinary Education Center. Benton Harbor, MI, USA
-Responsible for the two year curriculum development, kitchen design and equipment implementation for a state of the art culinary education center. My duties include overseeing all aspects of culinary operations and leading the accreditation process for this brand new culinary education center. Developed all training and assessment materials for workforce personal and professional chefs. Teach a variety of courses including online classes. Supervise and mentor adjunct faculty.
• Program Director of Baking and Pastry Arts (2008 - 2016)
The Culinary Institute of Michigan at Baker College of Muskegon, MI, USA
- Developing and implementing curriculum for al Baking and Pastry courses.
- Teach a variety of lecture and lab classes, including international cuisine and advanced Garde Manager
- Responsible for all operational planning and budgeting of the Baking and Pastry department
• Culinary Instructor (1998 - 2008)
Baker College of Muskegon, MI, USA
- Developed entire curriculum for all Baking and Pastry courses.
- Taught basic and advanced Baking and Pastry courses as well as hot food and Garde Manger courses
- Assisted the program director with report preparation and implementation of school policies
• Executive Chef (1997 - 1998)
Maplecrest Resort & Country Club, Goshen, Indiana USA
-Worked closely with purveyors and farmers in creating diverse seasonal menus as well as daily features
-Supervised and trained employees
-Maintained food costs and labor costs within given budget
-Extensive preparation of fine pastries and specialty desserts
-Organized and conducted private classes for club members
• Executive Chef (1995 - 1997)
Holiday Inn Hotel (formerly Hilton), Muskegon, MI, USA
-Responsible for all culinary operations and production in a hotel with a $1.5 million annual food service revenue
-Supervised a staff of 24 people
Executive Pastry Chef (1990 -1995)
Muskegon Country Club, Muskegon, MI, USA
- Responsible for dessert, cakes, tortes and special event sweet tables in a 500+ member private club
- Assisted the Executive Chef in food ordering and filled in for the chef as needed.
- Prepared and served table side desserts, wrote seasonal dessert menus and trained all pantry personnel.
Luis Amado Chocolatier (1998-current)
-Responsible for all aspects of owning and operating a small business with emphasis on high quality pastry work and food styling
-Create cakes and upscale pastry work for select clients in the US and Mexico
• Certified Executive Pastry Chef by the American Culinary Federation for the period ending 2/10/2021
• Apprentice Chair of the ACF West Michigan Lakeshore Chapter MI122
• Honorable member of the Latin American Chefs and Artist Society since 1998
• Distant learning and Culinary Program Coordinator for University of the Americas Puebla Mexico
• Coach and Advisor for all Baker College Pastry Teams from 1998 - 2016
• Baking and Pastry Judge for VICA competitions and SKILL USA Baking competitions
• Culinary Advisor for The Mexican Chefs Federation
• Recipe developer and food stylist for Lea & Perrins Corporation USA
• Seminar and class presenter for numerous national and International audiences, including ACF members
• Culinary consultant for Hotels, Private Clubs and Specialty Dessert Firms in USA, Mexico and Spain
• Recipe developer and food stylist for Lea and Perrins Corporation and Revol China of France
• Private chef consultant and trainer for Pueblo Bonito Ocean Front Resorts , Los Cabos Mexico
• Private chef consultant for Four Winds Casino Resort, New Buffalo MI. USA
In this online chocolate class, chef Luis Amado will teach 12-15 different types of chocolates:
Dulce de leche
Ron ganache (butter base)
1 hour theory, followed by:
(***) The teaching methodology will be carried out following the health regulations related to COVID-19
Venue for workshops:
International Pastry Academy “El món dolç de Claudia”
Calle Castelao, 167 (a 100 mts del Centro Comercial Gran Vía 2)
08902 – Hospitalet de Llobregat – Barcelona
The price of the master class includes:
Book recipe (by email)
Live broadcasting via Zoom
Translator English - Spanish
Online participants will be able to interact with the chef, ask questions and clarify doubts.
Certificate of attendance (by email)
1 hour break for lunch
** The course will take place with a minimum of 12 people.
Participants will be able to access the recorded course during 7 days after the course is held.
In order to book your place, please issue payment of 850 euros, refering your full name and surname (will be the name to be showed in the certificate).
By the organization: if the course is canceled by the organizers, the student will receive a refund of the amount paid by him/her to date.
By students: there is no possibility of refund if the student cancels his/her attendance.
In any case the organization will bear the expenses incurred by the student for the completion of the course.
All the courses will be confirmed 15 days before the class date.
-The places will be allocated in order of registration.
-The money paid is valid only for the date of the workshop and is not refundable.
-The reserved space is not transferable to another person if the participant can not attend the course.
-The fact of attending the above course PROVIDES NO rights to the content and identical reproduction thereof without permission from the chef.
-Participants receive these instructions and the conditions described here are understood as accepted.
No customer comments for the moment.